- 24 Hour Crisis Line – 336-413-5858
- Assist Victim with 50B Protective Order Process
- Provide Transportation and Advocacy for Domestic Violence Related Court Procedures.
- Provide Shelter, Food, and Clothing for Victim and her Children
- Provide Transportation for Necessary Appointments
- Coordinate with Community Agencies to Secure Counseling and Other Services for Victim and Children
- Assist Victim in Obtaining Employment
- Assist Victim in Securing Permanent Housing
- Participation in all intervention services is voluntary
Next Step Ministries provides an emergency/transitional safe house here in Forsyth County for survivors of domestic violence and their children. Trained staff or volunteers are on site at the safe house at all times when the house is occupied. We can house up to 11 women and children. There are two family rooms for women with children and one room for single women. Residents share several common areas including a living room, kitchen, playroom, laundry room, and bathroom. The backyard is private and is fenced in to make it safe for children to play outside.
When guests first come to the shelter, they are given a 24 to 48 hour transition period for them to settle in and regroup after their abuse. This helps them decide what they want to do and to help them feel safe. Following the transition period, they work with a trained Victim Advocate to set immediate and long term goals, and develop their personalized safety plan. This individualized service and safety plan helps assess needs, set priorities and goals, monitor progress goals, and locate resources. These plans are reviewed and evaluated on a weekly basis. In addition, the residents have a weekly meeting with the house manager to walk through the trauma of their ordeal.
Food and other daily essentials such as diapers and laundry detergent are provided free of charge. Services are never denied based on ability to pay. Next Step Ministries adheres to a firm Non Discrimination Policy. We provide services to victims of domestic violence regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We respect the uniqueness of all individuals staying with us and seek to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone who enters our doors.